- Smoking is not permitted inside our historic buildings. You may smoke outside with all doors closed. Please bring an ashtray or use a soda can with a little water in it. Please leave ashes outside, and don't throw ashes or butts on the ground. If we can smell smoke or ashes after you leave, there will be a $500 special cleaning fee added to the credit card with which the reservation was made.
- Although certified service dogs are welcome, please do not bring pets. We can suggest kennels or "doggie camps” for your pet.
- Our lodgings are not to be used as party houses, but are meant as genteel get-aways by people who enjoy their historic nature.
- Your vacation in a Historic Host lodging must be paid in full in advance of your stay. We accept VISA, MasterCard or Discover in payment for quicker confirmation. Those paying by check, cash or money order must send payment to reach us at least one month in advance. If we do not receive your advance payment, we'll make one effort to reach you by phone, leaving a message if necessary, and then we will release your reservation on the following day.
- Your vacation group may not exceed the number of people that your unit will sleep. Our insurance company and the Ohio Fire Marshall insist that everyone sleeps in a bed and no one is permitted to sleep on the floor.
- You'll find tourism information, local history, , and other information in a "House Book” in the living room when you arrive. For other questions, please feel free to contact our Hostess/Housekeeper during normal business hours. He or she may even stop by to see if you need anything.
- We expect all Historic Host Guests to respect our venerable lodgings and to keep all interior and exterior appointments in the same general state of order in which you find them on arrival. By renting a Historic Host lodging, you agree to pay for damages or excessive trash and extra cleaning caused by your group. Our hostess/housekeeper will determine how much extra labor and materials are necessary to put the unit back in order, and these amounts will be charged to the credit card with which the reservation was made. We will send an itemized statement with your receipt.
- If your lodging has a telephone, it is there because many cell phones do not work in the area. You may make local calls, emergency calls, call others collect, or ask friends or family to phone you. You will have the phone number prior to your visit. If we find excessive long distance phone charges were made during the dates of your visit, we will charge them to the credit card that was used to confirm your reservation. Many cell phones will work outdoors at some of our lodgings.
- If you have special needs, please tell us prior to booking, so we can advise you as to whether a particular lodging will meet your needs.
- We will make every effort to have your lodging ready by 4 p.m. on the date of your arrival. a door key will be found in a prior designated place. We will also provide the contact number for our hostess/housekeeper whom you may contact for information or small emergencies. He or she may contact us or other service providers for issues they cannot solve.
- Your vacation enjoyment is very important to us, and we want you to inform us of any problems with property, cleanliness, or preparedness when you arrive, so we have a chance to make them right. Please don't wait until you get home to voice complaints or concerns as unfortunately we won't be able to do anything about it.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE:
Check-in is generally after 4 p.m., as it may take us this long to thoroughly clean your lodging. You'll find a key for your uni in a designated place. Large units may have two keys provided. Please be sure one or two people in your party have a key when you go anywhere so you can get back into the house! Please be sure to keep the doors locked during your visit as we cannot be responsible for loss or damage to your possessions.
We provide some basic cleaning supplies if you want to tidy up anything. Your lodging will also have access to recycling facilities for glass, cans and plastic. This may be a separate bag or container for recyclables. There will also be a covered receptacle for trash and we provide trash bags. Please do not attempt to burn any trash! (Please note that excessive amounts of trash left lying around will incur an extra cleaning fee to be determined by how much extra time it takes us. This will be determined by our housekeeper, and charged to the credit card with which your reservation was made.
On the day of your departure, please put your breakfast dishes in the dishwasher if your unit has one. In units without a dishwasher, please rinse dishes and stack in the kitchen sink. You may leave your bed linens on the beds or in your rooms as it is easier for our housekeeper to launder them according to her own routine.
When you depart please leave your key(s) in plain view on the kitchen counter. Each lost or missing key will incur a $50 fee to cover the cost of time and materials to have new ones made. This will be charged to the credit card with which your reservation was made.
All reservations must be paid in advance to confirm your reservations. We can accept a cancellation 14 or more days prior to your reservation for a full refund less a $25 processing fee. Cancellations less than 14 days will be refunded only if we can re-rent the lodging for the same time period. There is no refund for any days you might arrive late or leave earlier than your reservation. specifies. We know that unavoidable emergencies can arise that necessitate a late cancellation. In some cases we may be able to apply all or part of your payment to another date, but cannot refund it. On rare occasions basic services such as phone, electricity, water, etc. may malfunction due to known or unknown causes. We will do our best to help get these restored quickly, but cannot be responsible for acts of nature or utility company problems. In the event of service loss outside our control, we cannot make rental concessions.